The 2013 Dodgers featured a talented group of players, and for a stretch of 50 games they went on a run of 42-8 setting a new Dodger record…amateurs. That group was surpassed this week by the 2017 Dodgers with their comeback victory on Saturday. Now we get to the fun part, getting to break it into ridiculous tidbits:
- The Dodgers have a 79-32 game lead, 15.5 lead in their decision, and 8 games better than the next best team in baseball.
- They are on pace for 115 wins, the most since the 2001 Seattle Mariners (116) who tied the MLB record.
- The Dodgers have won 44 of their last 51 games, that is roughly 30% of the regular season and a 140-22 pace.
- The Dodgers have hit 25 homers against the Mets in 7 games.
- The Dodgers have a 276+ run differential.
- The Dodgers are above .500 in games where they have trailed at any point. (33-32)
- The Dodgers have lost 19% if their games to the struggling Giants (44-69) because, well, baseball.
- If the Dodgers play one game above .500 for the rest of the season, they will win 105 games this season.
We’ve talked a lot about how great this team is, Darvish was marvelous in his debut, and #6 and #7 starter Maeda, and Ryu both had great outings, which speaks volumes about this teams, depth, and biggest contributor to their success. The crazy part of it is that some of the offensive pieces are only beginning to heat up. Taylor has been hot for awhile, as has Seager, but Bellinger looks to be getting into a groove along with Puig. And don’t forget about Turner, who hit 2 home runs against his former team. There’s no doubt that this is a historically good team, but as for finding ways to break it down? Well, the limit does not exist.
8/01 3-2 W @ATL
8/02 3-5 L @ATL
8/03 7-4 W @ATL
8/04 6-0 W @NYM
8/05 7-4 W @NYM
8/06 8-0 W @NYM
Record For The Week: 5-1
- Maeda works 7 scoreless in Atlanta
- Darvish Dodger debut
- Dodgers go 43-7 for best streak in 100+ years
- Ryu dominates Mets
Andre Ether (lower back) Rehab begins Aug 7
Adrian Gonzalez (lower back) Rehab assignment Aug 3
Chris Hatcher (thoracic inflammation) Began Triple A assignment Aug 4
Rob Segedin (Right toe strain) Began Triple A assignment Aug 3
Yasmani Grandal (back spasms) Exited early Aug 5
Franklin Gutierrez (Anklyosis Spondylitis) transferred to 60-Day DL
Brandon McCarthy (Blister) Placed on 10-Day DL
Alex Wood (Arm Fatigue)
Player of the Week: Yu Darvish
That fact the Ryu is even able to contribute on this team is a miracle, which makes his brilliant Sunday outing all the more special. But Darvish did pretty much all you could expect from his Dodger Debut.
Week Eighteen Puig:
You got, “Legit Puig”!
Another pretty solid from the Dodger outfielder, hitting the ball in the air suits him well.
Swing Of The Week:
Ballinger’s 32 – HR that sound tho
Pitch of the Week
Yu Darvish Something